What to expect...
Please arrive around 20 minutes before your party starts to set up for your guests. You will be met by your party leader, who will show you the facilities and help arrange anything before we start. The Earth Trust Centre is a multi-use site and is sometimes a very busy with other events and activities happening at the same time; please bear this in mind when you are in and around the car park.
For your party we will be spending around 1 hour 30 minutes outside doing various activities that fit the theme you have discussed. The last 30 minutes will be spent back at the Centre to enjoy any party food!
All of our leaders are experienced with working with children, have appropriate first aid training and excellent knowledge of the Wittenham Clumps and the rest of the site. During the time outside we ask that at least one parent join us for the activities although more are welcome - we hope you will have fun too!
What if it rains?
The Great British weather is always a risk when organising an outdoor party! But we very rarely cancel a party due to the weather. The party can still go ahead even if it rains and we do best to tailor activities to the weather conditions. Very strong winds (where it could be dangerous to go to the woods) may cause a cancellation but we will offer to rerrange the party for another date.
Please note that while we supply all that is needed to run the activities, and provide tables and seating inside, we do not supply any food birthday parties. We can provide children's cups and plates, and access to a kettle and cups to make hot drinks for adults. In the past many parents have brought along a variety of different treats like: party buffets, sandwiches, pre-cooked sausages and, of course, cake!
Due to our location and overheads we are unable to take your rubbish or leftovers, please be aware that you will be asked to take your waste with you at the end of the party.
*NEW FOR 2017* We can now offer bespoke party invitataions (some examples below). There is a unique design for each party theme and the reverse page features information for parents/guardians about suitable clothing, how to find us and where to park. Let us know when you make your booking how many invitations you would like.
- £10 per child (Minimum cost: £100) .
- Non-refundable deposit of £30 required to secure booking, the balance is payable on the day.
- Please note: you will only pay for the number of children that actually turn up on the day, for example if you book for 12 children but only 10 can make it then you will only pay for 10.
- Become an Earth Trust Friend and get the birthday child's place for FREE!
- Maximum number of children with one party leader: 15.
- More children (up to 30) can be accommodated but this requires an extra party leader which comes at an additional cost of £40.
- Younger siblings who are not taking part in the party activities will not be charged for.
- Parties run for 2 hours: 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm on Saturdays and Sundays only.
- Check availability
To make a booking or for more information please get in touch: