Wedding Receptions at Fison Barn, Wittenham Clumps
A magical location with first class sustainability nestling in an Oxfordshire Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Fison Barn is a stunning and beautifully maintained nineteenth century barn: a unique venue. The original oak beams have been lovingly restored and local Western Red Cedar has been used on the exterior cladding.
Fison Barn offers a picturesque ‘blank canvas’ so that you have the flexibility
to organise the catering, decoration and entertainment exactly as you
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do
Fison Barn is a stunning example of sustainability at its very best. Our eco-friendly biomass boiler provides under floor heating during winter for all our buildings. We harvest rain water for our toilets and our solar panels generate greenhouse-free electricity to meet a substantial portion of our electricity requirements.
Surrounded by nature
The large barn doors open onto our tranquil courtyard where bats and swallows have made their homes in the barn eaves, red kites swoop overhead and there are floral displays of herbs and plants attracting butterflies and insects. The courtyard area provides an ideal extension for events in good weather or an area for a marquee (separately hired).
Only 11 miles from Oxford
Nestling at the foot of the Wittenham Clumps nature reserve, Fison Barn is set amidst 700 acres of stunning countryside yet is conveniently located just 11 miles from Oxford and 18 miles from Reading.
Fison Barn is approximately 17 metres by 6 metres and accommodates:.
- 100 auditorium style seating
- 100 carousel seating with 10 x 5ft circular tables and chairs
- Exclusive use of Fison Barn, Poem Tree Barn and the Courtyard for your event
- Tables and seating for up to 100 people
- Cinematic drop screen and ceiling-mounted projector
- Sound system for background music
- Toilets and baby changing facilities
- Under floor heating provided by our onsite biomass boiler during winter
- Open-air courtyard, perfect for drinks in good weather
- An additional barn opposite Fison Barn can also be hired. Great if the weather is inclement the space can be used for reception drinks or a children's area
Get in touch to arrange a visit to view the barns
For more information call 01865 407792 or email us.
Fison Barn is not staffed or open to the general public. Appointments to view the facilities must be made giving at least 24 hours notice, by phone, through the Earth Trust Office, which is open from 9am to 5pm weekdays only. Call 01865 407792. Normal viewing times will be during office hours, occasionally we may be able to offer an early evening or weekend visit.
Greatly reduced rates available if the hire date is within 3 months of the date when you make the booking and pay the deposit.
6 hours hire on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays in 2013:
Only £600 (normal hire charge would be £1200)
The 6 hours hire must include any set up time.
Pack down (2 hours) is also available for the morning after a Late Booking at £180.
2013 Spring Offer
20% off all bookings when Fison Barn is hired to use between January and March 2013 (excluding Easter weekend).
• Only one offer can be used for any booking.
• Normal Terms and Conditions apply.
• These are limited offers and are subject to availability.