Meet the first lambs of spring!
The Earth Trust holds annual Lambing Weekends every spring here at the Earth Trust Farm, in partnership with Little Wittenham Lamb.
During 2015 they were held on 21st/22nd March and 28th/29th March.
Our Lambing Weekends give people the opportunity to see the first spring lambs and take part in a host of fun, outdoor activities. Visitors enjoyed:
- Learning about sheep with our shepherds Lauren and Dan, whilst visiting the sheep sheds to view the ewes and their lambs.
- Exploring the outdoor play area, bale climbing, den building and taking part in a Sheep Hunt.
- Trying a range of craft activities like pom-pom sheep, spring crowns and face painting.
- Contributing to our Food Memory Map (part of our Stepping into our Natural Heritage project).
- Candle rolling with Brightwell Bees.
- Tractor and trailer rides around the farm.
- Refreshments from Poem Tree cafe and Little Wittenham Lamb burgers.