Meet the first lambs of spring
The Earth Trust’s annual lambing weekends take place every March here at the Earth Trust Farm. In 2014 they were hosted for the first time by new shepherds, Dan and Lauren Marriott of Little Wittenham Lamb. Lambing weekends give people the opportunity to see the first spring lambs and take part in a host of outdoor activities, and is a fun family day out.
Our annual Lambing weekends take place at the Earth Trust Centre, Little Wittenham, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4QZ
- Come and learn about sheep production with our farmers Lauren and Dan of Little Wittenham Lamb
- Visit the sheep sheds (indoors) to view the ewes, their newborn lambs and perhaps see one or two being born!
- There'll also be a new play area, den building, spring planting and craft activities such as making wooden sheep.
- Poem Tree cafe will be open for light refreshments and Little Wittenham Lamb burgers will be available.
We want everyone to have a fantastic day out but please remember this is a working farm. The advice given here and on site aims to ensure you have a safe visit to the Earth Trust Farm!
- Most importantly please remember to wash your hands, and children's hands, after visiting the lambing sheds and bales.
- Footwear, pushchair and wheelchair wheels should also be washed if soiled. Hand and footwear washing facilities will be available.
- Pregnant women and people who are immuno-compromised are advised not to visit the lambing sheds.
- Please supervise your children at all times.
For full advice please click here...
Click here to read our statement about the Schmallenberg Virus