Meet the first lambs of spring!
The Earth Trust’s annual Lambing Weekends take place every spring here at the Earth Trust Farm, in partnership with Little Wittenham Lamb. Dates for 2015 are:
Saturday 21st March & Sunday 22nd March
Saturday 28th March & Sunday 29th March
Our Lambing Weekends give people the opportunity to see the first spring lambs and take part in a host of fun, outdoor activities.
You'll be able to...
- Come and learn about sheep with our shepherds Lauren and Dan.
- Visit the sheep sheds to view the ewes and their newborn lambs.
- Explore the outdoor play area, den building, spring planting and a range of craft activities.
- Have a tractor and trailer ride around the farm*.
- Enjoy refreshments from Poem Tree cafe or a Little Wittenham Lamb burger.
Entry to Lambing costs £6 for adults, £3 for children and £15 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 children). Earth Trust Friends get in for FREE - find out more about joining.
*Weather permitting (rain before or during the event may make the ground too soft to enable the rides to go ahead).
Important Health & Safety Information
We want everyone to have a fantastic day out but please remember this is a working farm. The advice given here and on site aims to ensure you have a safe visit to the Earth Trust Farm.
- Most importantly: please remember that everyone must wash their hands after visiting the lambing sheds and bales.
- Footwear, pushchair and wheelchair wheels should also be washed if soiled. Hand and footwear washing facilities will be available.
- Pregnant women and people who are immuno-compromised are advised not to visit the lambing sheds.
- Please supervise your children at all times.
Full Health and Safety advice
Statement about the Schmallenberg Virus