As part of the Earth Day celebrations, we're joining the Witney Woodland Volunteers at their Nature Day at Deer Park Wood.
Find out all about the amazing wildlife that lives on this lovely little nature reserve in Witney, including:
- Moth magic - what was caught in the moth traps last night?
- Night wanderers - take a look at the camera traps to see what animals were out and about last night
- Mini beasting - identify some of the marvellous minibeasts inhabiting the reserve
- Big beasting - will we catch anything small and furry in the live traps? Let's take a look...
- Plant detectives - learn to identify the different trees, flowers and plants on the reserve and record what you see
Refreshments (provided by Whittard) will be available.
There are other Earth Day activities running around this event, all at Deer Park Wood: moth trapping at 6pm on Friday 21st; a bat walk at 8pm on Friday 21st; and a dawn chorus walk with Witney Woodland Volunteers at 5.30am on Saturday 22nd.
Please note there is no parking at the site and no toilets.
This event is free thanks to support from Whittard, through TOE2, with funds raised from the 5p plastic bag charge.
Saturday 22nd April, 10am-2pm
Deer Park Wood, Deer Park Road, Witney, OX28 5GS (nearest post code)
Prices & Booking
| || || |
FREE but donations are welcome
No need to book.
Drop in any time.
You may find our Event FAQs useful
All funds raised go towards supporting the Witney Woodland Volunteers and Earth Trust